Monday, March 5, 2012

High Desert Museum

The shop set up at the Miller ranch.

Well, it has been a long time since I have posted any thing on the blog so I thought that It was about
time, about a month ago I decided to start volenteering at the High Desert Museum in their living history
department. At the moment I will be portraying a traveling woodworker that is coming through Central
Oregon looking for a job and stopped in Bend and got a job at the Miller Ranch just 6 miles south of
Bend, so the story goes.

It was really fun, just like reenacting, a lot of interacting with the public and trying to keep my story straight. Jason, who portrays William, is one of the full time interprators and has been alot of help figuring out the flow of things at the ranch. He also has an interest in woodworking so I think that we will try to do some sort of project together, he mentioned something about how he would like to build some chairs, I think that that is do able.

Well until next time, dont let your tools get rusty... 

No comments:

Post a Comment