Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Started the Damtour

       Got the information and placard for the Damtour 2011 yesterday. I looked over the info and decided to just get it started, so I geared up and went for a ride, even thought it was only 8 miles to the first one, it's a start.

         For those who do not know what the Damtour is, it is a self guided tour of dams in both Washington and Oregon and some bonus dams in Montana, Idaho, Nevada and California. There is 8 in WA and 8 in Ore.

I am planning to do the ones in Oregon only, If you do all 8 you receive a pin from the state that you did them in, if you do all 16 you get a trophy, and if you do the bonus dams and all 16, you get a special trophy.

You need to go to the dam of choice and take your placard and take a pic of the bike and the dam and then submit it and then you are credited for the dam.


North Unit Diversion dam in Bend, Oregon


I found that you need to place the bike in a manner that the sun does not reflect off the placard and blot out the number on the placard, I had to take about 4 pics to just get one that came out.

I hope that when I go to the other dams, I am aware of that and do not mess up!

So, until the next Dam run.....

No comments:

Post a Comment